Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 5 - Priorities

Day 5 -Priorities!

This is a hard one for me. I honestly try but feel I fall short. I am working on applying God's Grace to myself. As flylady would say "A job done imperfect, is still done!" I can't let my perfectionism keep me down. I am a daughter of the King and my priorities need to be in line with the Word.

So, Yes I do try to get up every morning and spend time in the Word. I am currently working on reading through the bible in 90 days. I am almost finished! Something that also helps me stay motivated in this is my Good Morning Girls! (For more information head on over to www.goodmorninggirls.org)

That makes God my #1

#2 Is my wonderful Husband.
 I try to watch my tone and be respectful to him. I try to make sure I am honoring him at all times. I desire to be his friend and companion, his soft landing, the person he runs to, and the person the Bible tells me to be for him. I should always be his helpmeet!

#3 My 5 wonderful kids.
 Between babies and homeschooling I am very busy. I need time to get all the chaos under wraps so that I can effectively school the children while still showering everyone with God's grace and mercy.

#4 My house
 Yes, the house needs to be a haven. A warm place where everyone feels welcome. A place where messes can be made and cleaned together. I want my children to remember me as the Mom who did things with them. Not, the Mom who was always too busy cleaning to do anything with them. I am still struggling in finding the happy medium here. But with God I am getting closer.

#5 Would be myself.
 Most days I tend to forget that I even make this list. I try to remember that I need to stay healthy so that I can do the first 4 things! I know that I am important I am just sometimes so busy with life that I forget about me.

If you had to list your top  priorities what would they be?

2 comments:

  1. ouch, my priorities, when written out would be in the same order as yours, but I struggle with actually living the way I desire. Walk'n the talk is really hard many days. I am in need of re-arranging my day...your post is a good reminder, thanks :) -I'm visiting from the Friday blog hop, it's very nice to "meet" you!

    -Genevieive
    www.herowncopy.com
    @copylassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could be of help! This is because of a challenge I am doing. It really get's me thinking too!

    ReplyDelete