Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our first event!

Yeah, we survived our first event of the season! The weather kept changing and we had a scare but all was well.

I think the kids most enjoyed making homemade butter. Our friend Mercedes was so patient with all the kids. I will say though that the high temperatures caused the butter to turn out a little bit more like a whipped butter. I myself do not care for butter but everyone else said it was great. But then don't we know that the homemade stuff is always better?

I really enjoyed getting to connect with other re-enactor friends that I missed all winter. We spent more time away from camp this year and the kids got to ride on all the rides. Then came Monday. Memorial day is so very special to us. Our unit currently has 2 active duty Marines and we have several retired military. My own brother is a veteran. I couldn't help but cry a little as all of the military members past and present were called onto the field. We all clapped for quite a while tears ran down our cheeks. How can I thank these men and women for all that they have done? I guess that is really what I think about for Memorial Day.. What do you think about for Memorial Day?

I would also like to THANK our Veterans and remind everyone to pray for our troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment