Friday, February 24, 2012

So, What are you doing?

What are you doing to stay in the Will of God? Do you spend time in his word daily? If so do you get up early or do this while the kids are busy? Do you pray all day? Do you have separate prayer times?

How are you sharing the Word with your kids? My beloved and I are trying to just read to the kids from the Bible. We have tried different devotionals just haven't found one for us yet. My beloved is reading a plan that the church handed out. I try to read about 10 chapters a day. My version of the 90 day plan. I read when I get a chance and when I get up before the kids. I want silence when I read. The kids are just too much of a distraction. I also try to pray as I think about things throughout the day. My Grandmother prayed about everything. If things went wrong or we couldn't find something her first thought was always prayer. I truly hope I pass this great legacy on to my children!

Now it is your turn to share what you do or are trying to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am a new follower. I found your blog from one of the Friday Blog Hops. I am glad to have met a fellow Christian homeschooling mom. I have 4 young children that we are homeschooling (5, 3.5, 22 mths, and 1 week old).
    To answer this question, I really need to get back to having my own personal Bible time. It has been so hard to get back to it since having the children because they always seemed to be waking when I needed to and I just fell away. We do have Bible time with the children before bed and memorize Bible verses.
    Hope you have a chance to stop by Tots and Me. Have a great weekend.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete